Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Smells Like A Bakery In here....

As promised, I purchased my list of baking items yesterday and came home to heat up the oven and get Coco (she's my Kitchen Aid) spinning so that she's be ready to whip up a lot of frosting..My kitchen and house smell like a Christmas bakery. Between the different butter creams and batters, the mesh of flavors gently pushed me into the Christmas spirit full swing. I was there, but not fully...until the smell of holiday treats started enveloping the room. First up, was the Sweet Potato Pie Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Butter cream Frosting....the house smells so good when that brown sugar mixture is boiling on the stove top...yuuuummmmm....
Just finished frosting them....
Added some Christmas Cheer....























O' Christmas Tree, Christmas Tree.. I really wanted to eat this one...lol




Next up was my new challenge.. Gingerbread Cupcakes with Lemon Buttercream Frosting.. I must say, that while I was nervous making the gingerbread batter, I stumbled on what I think is probably my best lemon butter cream to date.  It tastes so fresh and summery...almost as if you're tasting a cold lemon with sugar on top.. deeelish! 

And I swirled a pretty big mound of  lemon butter cream on .....

Added some Christmas Holly

The finished product.....





OK, so you're probably looking for the Double Chocolate Peppermint Patty cupcakes... those are coming... will post in the next few days... This baking trip was about 7 dozen , and I'm a little exhausted...and still finding butter cream in odd places...lol. I shall return soon to re post the last batch!

No comments:

Post a Comment