Sunday, June 7, 2015

MY FIRST WEDDING!!!!

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I was when I was asked last month to do cupcakes for a wedding.... A wedding!!!  I was ecstatic and nervous at the same time, but happy and thankful that someone thought of me for cupcakes for their special day.  The theme of the wedding was butterflies, and the colors were pink, ivory, and accents of green.  I was pretty much given free reign on the design factor as long as I included those requests.  Well, I had 7 dozen to work some magic on and just went with it once I had all the cupcakes baked and sitting in front of me.  It's funny,  when you're do something that you love, it's not work, so you never really realize just how much time and patience goes into it until you have to do a large amount, and with such care and detail.

I can't remember the last time I made that much frosting or cake batter.... :)... It was a lot and my house smells like a sweet bakery at this very moment.  The chosen flavors were the classic Almond Wedding Cake and Chocolate, so you can image how great it smells.  I did half of each flavor, and all of the pink cupcakes are the Wedding Almond, and of course, you can see the chocolate.  I can say that my coworker was pleased with the cupcakes, and that made me smile.  As for the bride, groom, and wedding guests, I'll have to wait to hear if they enjoyed them... fingers crossed.  I took a lot of pics while I was packing them up today for delivery.  I didn't load all of them, but I do believe I loaded a shot of each dozen that I did.  I must say that for my first wedding, I'm pretty pleased.. :)  Pheewww, this was a busy baking week for me with several orders, so I'm going to sign off for now...Hope you like what you see.
I think these are my favorite.... L.O.V.E....

No comments:

Post a Comment